Marklish

"Pro Sion nebudu mlčeti, a pro Jeruzalém neupokojím se, dokudž nevyjde jako blesk spravedlnost jeho, a spasení jeho jako pochodně hořeti nebude" Iz 62,1

čtvrtek, listopadu 08, 2007

Guitar issue - pouze anglicky

My site is about witnessing and testifying God's goodness. So I guess i should write something about that, right? I can see God working a lot in my life so let's name few things here...
I have been praying for my colleagues at work and about witnessing to them. I must say that Jesus has been working above my expectations. One colleague has heard the gospel from me and several times asked me to pray for him (for healing, for him to believe! for his son, etc.). Then there is a new colleague that I just didn't know how to testify and not to be pushy.
Every Thursday as I am leading worship at House of prayer (IHOPP) for time reasons I bring my guitar to work and then go straight to IHOPP. Normally I tried to hide the guitar, so colleagues don't see it and don't ask me. It's not that I'm ashamed but one thing is to explain I go to church and but to say I go every week to a prayer meeting?! it is just different. So I thought it's better to avoid the subject and hide the guitar.
Well, one day I was "planning" to hide my guitar and behold, that day as I came late to work, I couldn't hide the guitar at my usual place and was "forced" to leave it standing by my desk for everyone to see! Of course my colleagues asked me, but I just quickly change the subject and talked about something else.
Then a Sunday service came and Jesus convicted me of not allowing Him to use me. By me "standing in the way of God" and deciding this is good to say and this to keep, I wasn't giving God the space in my life. I repented. The next day, when my colleage brought up the "guitar issue" again, I just spilled the beans and told him I'm a Christian and I play the guitar in church etc. That was easy, no effort. It came naturally just like normal conversation topic. Nice.
Today, right before my time to go off to IHOPP, I thought....I need to get the guitar and go. In that moment my colleage calls on me: "It's Thursday, so you should have your guitar here, right?" Wow, then we talked more about me going to church and having a lot of friends and in the end I invited him to come along to church and practice English.
God is so good! And this is just one of the stories to share.
I haven't still written a testimony how our latest nightwatch went and we're having another one next week. Also I was very much encouraged when my friends from Minneapolis (Mark, Greg, Greg) were here. They prayed for me and others and brought a lot of encouragement.

Yep, God is very very good and faithful. OPEN YOUR EYES to see Him at work, because He is!

0 Comments:

Okomentovat

<< Home