Mary vs. Martha
I was thinking about last Sunday's sermon - the story of Mary and Martha and immediately I thought of first few lines from a song from Hillsong:
"I say on Sunday, how much I want revival, but then on Monday I can't even find my Bible. Where's the power, the power of the cross in my life?"
The Bible says that Mary has chosen "the better part". We all have surely heard what this story is about - Martha by being so busy with her work/ministry is missing out on Jesus, but Mary prefers to spend time at Jesus' feel (simply said).
The story also talks to me in this way: Mary chose Jesus' habitation/dwelling (permanent state), his being - she understood the words from John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you"
On the other hand Martha responded only to a temporary situation - his visit - short-term state, one time event which deserves maximum of care, however after the guest has left, the visit is over. (Similar as the song lyrics - an ordinary Monday follows a "spiritual" Sunday).
Please constantly encourage one another not to get focused on one time visit of Jesus, but His permanent dwelling-habitation in our hearts. That's the foundation of our lives - the rest will flow out of that :)
PS: Bohužel vyskytla se technická chyba, která mi neumožnila z neznámého důvodu otisknou tyto dva články dohromady. Omlouvám se, za smazání komentáře k původnímu článku z 31.5.2006.
"I say on Sunday, how much I want revival, but then on Monday I can't even find my Bible. Where's the power, the power of the cross in my life?"
The Bible says that Mary has chosen "the better part". We all have surely heard what this story is about - Martha by being so busy with her work/ministry is missing out on Jesus, but Mary prefers to spend time at Jesus' feel (simply said).
The story also talks to me in this way: Mary chose Jesus' habitation/dwelling (permanent state), his being - she understood the words from John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you"
On the other hand Martha responded only to a temporary situation - his visit - short-term state, one time event which deserves maximum of care, however after the guest has left, the visit is over. (Similar as the song lyrics - an ordinary Monday follows a "spiritual" Sunday).
Please constantly encourage one another not to get focused on one time visit of Jesus, but His permanent dwelling-habitation in our hearts. That's the foundation of our lives - the rest will flow out of that :)
PS: Bohužel vyskytla se technická chyba, která mi neumožnila z neznámého důvodu otisknou tyto dva články dohromady. Omlouvám se, za smazání komentáře k původnímu článku z 31.5.2006.
0 Comments:
Okomentovat
<< Home